1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Sentence

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zeke12, Apr 29, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

OK, here's the idea, inspired by quite possibly the coolest blog I've ever seen at http://www.onesentence.org/

One sentence. Must tell a complete story. Must be true.

Have at it.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/070906

The Lions were 9-7 in 2000 and missed the playoffs by one play (a game-winning 54-yard field goal by the Bears on the last snap of the season) when owner William Clay Ford, the great grandson of Henry Ford himself, pulled his own uber-Edsel and tabbed former NFL linebacker Matt Millen to run the franchise for a cool $3 million a year, despite the fact that Millen would continue to live in Pennsylvania most of the time (the Lions are located in Michigan), that he was legally blind in his eye for talent, that he wore sneakers with suits and that he possessed no actual front office experience of any kind whatsoever, zero organizational skills and, on occasion, the social couth of Britney Spears -....... more found at the above link.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I walked into the gym, laughing and joking, until I found out five minutes later a seventh-grade classmate had been raped and killed.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm pretty tired of ex-girlfriends with kids adding me on facebook, but, still, the one who now appears to be a high-priced hooker came as quite a surprise.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I had tried to enjoy my last meal from the local Chinese food place tonight before it closed its doors for good, but, fittingly, when I received my order, I found out that it was not what I ordered.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

So foul and fair a month I have not seen in quite some time, though worse days have marked the trail of tears.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

It was tough for a fourth-grade girl to be the first in the school to wear a real bra because, well, those snapping bruises hurt like hell.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ding! Ding! Ding! Winn... uh, wait a minute... Does that make me a pedophile???

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I once got nailed at centre ice.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Hemingway won this contest years ago, when asked at a dinner party to write a complete story in six words.

"For sale, baby shoes, never worn."

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just saw a TV commercial for a male-enhancement product, and a woman batting her eyelashes offered me a week's supply, if I just pay the cost of a postage stamp.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's two sentences, you cheat.

Draft saved Draft deleted