1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One sentence and, boy, am I tired

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trifectarich, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Gotta admit, DD, that one lost me, too.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Overreact much? There are a few hundred intermediate steps between the two extremes you mention. And any damn magazine should be edited in a way that its contents can be read by, um, readers.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Agree with Zeke that I probably wouldn't try it, but I thought a wild, meandering, 407-word sentence was a pretty appropriate way to sum up a batshit crazy guy.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In a totally unrelated manner, remind me never to click YouTube links in your tagline ever again.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

To further BYH's point, Fischerian-level chess and madness both suggest a mind whose pathways don't mirror ours. It worked for me.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Awww, I missed Prancing Billy. Good to see him again.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good, and I'm a reader, not a peer, but did he mean to say that Kissinger called him before he was 13?

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

For the record, I thought the lede was crap. Bend the rules, and it can be interesting. Stomp on them, it's unreadable (at least, to me).

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I quit at "peregrinations."

Showoff.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I just skipped it & kept reading.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The whole thing is just showing off.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I wondered about it when it started off, but as it went on it really drew me in.

I'm also wondering if we're giving too little credit to those who read us. I'm not sure it's as far over their heads as is being made out.

Draft saved Draft deleted