1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

one (plus 31)-and-done

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Aw, man, Shock, sorry to hear.

Wishing you all the best.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Congrats on a wonderful career, and good luck with those boys, as always.

This may not make you feel better, but only a lucky few get to retire when/how they want to. That's often the tradeoff for working in a really cool career field. And I don't know about you, but that's a tradeoff I'll gladly take.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Shockey my friend and former colleague, you know I wish you only the best with full understanding of your physical situation and the situation with your now former employer.
    I know perhaps better than most here what a true pro you are and always will be.
    Hang in there, my friend.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Good luck to you, shockey.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Hopefully, removing the rigors of work will aid in improving your health.
    Best wishes to you and your family.

6. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Well, 32 years sounds like a hell of a run. Best wishes to you in the next chapter.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear Shockey: All my best wishes, especially for a return to full health. As for leaving newspapers, I can only say as someone who lasted almost as long as you did that honest work is not so bad, it's just a lot duller. From what you have posted and thankfully will continue to post on this board, it doesn't seem as if you are the sort of person who lets life get dull just because work is.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Good luck, Shockey. I hope you have a great retirement--I know you deserve it.

Draft saved Draft deleted