1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of you is going to cost this kid a scholarship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by partain, Nov 18, 2009.

1. partain

partain Member

Norman Dale would hate this team. He'd be slapping kids around by now.

And I'm now accepting trade offers for my superstar 2 year old. I have an easier time with the two 4 year olds who have no interest in basketball than I do this kid.

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Gonna be tough to make the salary cap numbers work for a trade. You could be stuck with him.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Christ, JR you are a recovering GTA hockey dad. You've seen worse shit than this.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Dammit, I said four passes before a shot! Can't anyone around here count?

5. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I can't help but be reminded of this (brilliant) Mr. Show sketch:

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

His team would be on the floor all right, crawling around and playing with blocks

7. partain

partain Member

Thanks everyone. You humor has been very therapeutic.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Oh, yeah. I have a son about to turn 3 this month and cannot imagine him on an organized sports team. Why the rush? You only get so many years before he wants to shuffle off and do things without you; why hasten that timetable?

Take your son to the park and shoot around, out to the yard and play catch, enroll him in a playgroup if you want him to have social interactions ... but a sports team? At 2? Not for me, thanks.

9. partain

partain Member

The best part is he gets to shoot on a goal that is challenging, yet not impossible. Every court in town has 10-foot goals, which he can't shoot on. And in Colorado, there's only so much time we can spend outdoors these days. When I get home during the summer, we pull out all the sports stuff and spend an hour or more each evening playing everything from basketball to baseball to lacrosse to golf to soccer in the yard and driveway.

I'm not one of those dads pushing my kid into sports. He wants to be there, and so do at least four other kids on the team. I volunteered to coach to make sure he wasn't stuck with a coach who takes this league too seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted