1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of those stories you only hear on sportstalk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Aug 23, 2016.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ah, OK, that makes sense.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

What a racist piece of shit.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Philly sports talk died the day Tony Bruno left it.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oh crap. My morning (walking the dogs, jogging, commute) revolves around that show. This is bad.

Batman likes this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

NOOO! I heard some random guy this morning and just figured Czabe had the day off. That was my commute too, and the only reason I had one of my presets on Sirius Ch. 93 (at seemingly all other times, it's MMA radio). The sports talk alternative when I'm in the car is Mike & Mike, which means ... 80s on 8.

Damn.

7. poindexter

I listened to him on podcasts. I guess that means I go to his Andy pollin show on podcast. I used to listen to this version, but the national morning show is much better.

One more time: Booooo!

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I didn't listen this morning. I hit the road before the first hour is over, so I download the podcast and listen on the way home. A few hours later I opened my Facebook (I'm in the closed Steve Czaban show group) and it was blowing up with the news. It was like a sledgehammer to the gut.
    Between this and finding out I have a 12-page outdoors tab that prints next Tuesday, it's been a grumpy kinda morning.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Boooo! David Gow ... Boooo! Liar!

expendable likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mike and Mike is undoubtedly the worst radio program that has ever been produced or will ever be produced in the future.
    It is the definition of unlistenable.

Batman likes this.
  11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Aawww, sonofabitch! This is scary, JR. You're damn right it is.

Batman likes this.
  12. poindexter

So I've gone back to listening to the espn 980 The Sports Reporters (Czabe and Pollin) podcasts. The good news is I still get a healthy amount of Czabe. And, I don't get any Scott Linn, who I think was a complete zero as a cohost.

The downside is that I again know WAY more about Redskin qbs than I ever want to know. And the most trivial minutia of Redskins trivia 1971-2015 via Pollin. Oh well, the downside of listening to a local broadcast.

Draft saved Draft deleted