1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of the most entertaining obits I've ever read

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Central-KY-Kid, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

I took a college class taught by the late Mr. Robinson in fall semester 1999.

I'm wondering if he had his obituary written well in advance.

Michael E. Robinson's Obituary on The News-Enterprise

Among the highlights:

"transitioned from normal human consciousness to the great juke joint in the sky ... where he now sits with Muddy and others eating fried chicken and sipping Dr Pepper."

"Mike's most significant academic accomplishment while attending Henry Clay involved eating six Magee's butterflake dinner rolls each day for lunch during his senior year."

"Mike decided the only way to get a college degree would be if he found a major that required no foreign language, math or "hard" sciences. He quickly settled on secondary education."

"Afterthoughts can be made by donation to any viable Parkinson's research foundation. If not that, then play a blues tune very loud."

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That was well done. Hopefully he'll get plenty of fried chicken, Dr Pepper and butterflake dinner rolls in the afterlife.

It's Heaven ... there are no diet plans there!

Draft saved Draft deleted