1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of the coldest Februarys in recent years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Holy McGwire's Urine Sample!!! That's a great idea. He could be the 2007 Dallas SJ Outing special guest star. And he could bring a guest of the special guest star.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And every morning the SportsJournalists.com cre could do some powerlifting before their granola/yogurt breakfast.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sure I am...and will all the catastrophic events you and the rest of the global warming geeks happen one day, or will that be a gradual process?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Dumb, only because I don't agree with your opinion.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Hondo, you know who's responsible for global warming don't you? Mulisms. They sell us their oil, we put it in our cars and it creates a hole in the ozone layer.

They're going to get us one way or another. Bastards.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And maybe Hondo can make the Texas outing and deliver lectures on Islam AND global warning.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I said it earlier and I'll say it again. The earth goes through warming and cooling cycles naturally, but there's little doubt the process is moving faster thanks to our impact on the environment.

Of course, global warming is only one small part of the whole environmental issue. However, if it makes you feel smugly good to say, "Hey, it's cold! Global warming is a farce," then by all means, feel smug.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And now I will make my regular statement re: global warming.

Saying a cold February debunks global warming is ridiculous. Saying a warm December is due to global warming is ridculous. Saying the hyper-active 2005 hurricane season is due to global warming is ridiculous. Saying the much-quieter 2006 hurricane season debunks global warming is ridiculous.

Long-term climate changes can NOT be verified or dismissed becuase of short-term weather events.

Can we ALL get past this already?

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Apparently not MM. Apparently not.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I heard SI is tackling the global warming debate in their next issue. I think a preview of the cover is out there somewhere.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hondo was on here in July asking where the hurricanes were at.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think this calls for JDV to haul ass over here and give us his global warming seminar.

Draft saved Draft deleted