1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of the coldest Februarys in recent years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Mar 8, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So does "science" outweigh reality, JR?

BTW, one of the original global warming scientists, Claude Allegre, has now changed his tune.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=2f4cc62e-5b0d-4b59-8705-fc28f14da388

I'm sure you figure this means he was bought off, right?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hmmm...mountains of scientific evidence points one way... but one guy changed his mind and last month was cold...yeah, ok Tony....you just keep your head in the 1950s.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I am not anti-global warming mind you ...

But the climate always has been affected by mammals' impacts on it. Are we using more resources than we need to? Sure. But what's to say that some of this process wouldn't be happening even if we were carbon-footprint neutral, solar- and nuclear-power consuming, emissions-less humans?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I bet Scoop can't pull hot chicks like JDV can.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dumbest, yet most predictable, post I've seen.

Dumb ass, that's like going up to someone with terminal cancer who is having a relatively pain-free day and saying, "So, how's that cancer thing going?"

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not saying it wouldn't happen. Tony's right, to an extent. The earth goes through periods of cooling and warming. No one doubts that, but to make that the basis for all other arguments against global warming misses one tiny point that you were smart enough to pick up on....

Humans can and do accelerate that natural process. That's what we're referring to.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Speaking of JDV, he hasn't been around in a while. Probably working on his next video to submit to Cannes.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I agree, we are accelerating that process. I think we need to ask: How much? Hard to quantify, I know, but this could happen with very little human impact, too.

9. Inky_Wretch

I'm hoping it's a 24-part lesson on why UFC is the best sport in the world, with a special appearance by Rok via speakerphone.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

JDV needs to cut down on the rocking back and forth in his office chair. It makes me seasick.

Also, he needs to hang some stuff on his office walls to give his place more of a lived-in look.

11. Inky_Wretch

Like photos of Raiderettes who are proveably, demonstrably hot.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe JDV's going to make the SportsJournalists.com Texas outing. He could bring one along.

Draft saved Draft deleted