1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of The Big Ones

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 22, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Damn straight it was. :D

f-of-a-f ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Ink allergy?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Terrell Owens?

4. Yes. The Winter X Games cover sent me over the edge.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Thanks everybody for the kind words, the photo montage, and the picture of the fucked-up cat. I'm honored to have found my way into the Pipeline.

Just wanted to say that I'm excited to do some work for ESPN. Esquire has been a dream place for me to work and I hope it will be for a long time to come; I'm working on a story right now that I can't imagine any other magazine would let me write, let alone pay me to write. David Granger, the editor in chief, and my editor, Peter Griffin, have both been excellent to me, always, and here, they have been again.

I first met with the folks at ESPN: The Magazine a while ago now, and I liked them a lot. I really think that I'll be able to do some exciting and interesting stuff for them there; they're going in a cool direction. And for a sportswriter, ESPN's audience and resources really can't be matched anywhere else. I'll do my best to justify their taking a chance on me in the next little while.

I'm really very, very lucky and thankful to work for Esquire and, soon, for ESPN as well. Not to sound maudlin, but when I think of where I was really not so long ago, it seems dreamlike in a lot of ways.

Thanks again everybody for the encouragement. I'm actually pretty nervous about everything, so it's genuinely appreciated.

And yeah, drinks are on me.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Can't say I know you too well, but congratulations nonetheless!

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, yeah. About that.
    Does The Mouse know everything about what's it's getting?

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

I have pledged semi-occasional partial sobriety.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It employed
    <-------------
    once upon a time.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Jones is good about the drinks. But if he suggests the jumbo martini, tell him to politely fuck off.

12. Sorry for missing this earlier, Mikey.

Outstanding.

Draft saved Draft deleted