1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of the best shows on TV is back on

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cape_Fear, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Yeah, it's repeats, but Homiicide is airing on some channel called Sleuth that just popped up on the DirecTV today (Ch. 308). According to the guide starting on Monday they are starting with the pilot.

I have all the DVDs but there's something nice about having it on television.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Let us know if Cop Rock ever shows up on there.

3. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Going through the guide Knight Rider, Miami Vice, Simon and Simon, The Equalizer and on weekends Deadline and L.A. Dragnet.

It looks like they repeat the same episodess throughout the day.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I got one of the quintessential Miami Vice moments last night ... Crockett and Tubbs, in the white sports car, chasing a black Porsche through downtown. Background song: "In the Air Tonight," Phil Collins.

Perfect.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Which was fitting since it set up what was essentially a clip show after Sonny got shot.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just added Homicide to my Season Pass...

One of the best shows ever...

Why isn't Hill Street Blues on in syndication?

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

HSB might also be on Sleuth, it's on somewhere, I flip past it almost daily.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

And Frank Pembleton too.  ;D

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Homicide is the best TV drama of my generation, and it's not even close. I'm going to have to call my digital cable company and find out about this Sleuth network you speak of.

I was in grade school when Hill Street Blues started, so I never really got into it until it was on TV Land a few years ago. Went through the entire series by watching (or taping) it daily; it was like a new show every day. Awesome stuff.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh. My. God.

I better get Sleuth. Between that, BYH Classic and You Tube, I'll never leave the house. Oh wait. I mean, I'll spend more of my waking hours at my house in my recliner. I mean, I'll spend more of my waking hours at my house in my recliner not surfing SportsJournalists.com and doing something productive, like watching reruns of 1980s crime shows.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude, Prancing Billy is really creeping me out. Bring back David Lee.

Or try Tawny Kittaen on top of David Coverdale's car...

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've been thinking about rotating the screen shot among classic '80s videos.

Tawny spread eagle on the Jaguar (?) would definitely qualify.

Draft saved Draft deleted