1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of Poin's teachers gets 6 year sentence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 11, 2014.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2014/02/toms_river_spanish_teacher_get.html#incart_m-rpt-1

TOMS RIVER (AP) - A southern New Jersey school teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old student has been sentenced to six years in state prison.

Ocean County prosecutors say 32-year-old Erin Haskell of Barnegat also will be subject to lifetime parole supervision and must register as a sex offender under the sentence imposed Monday. She had pleaded guilty last August to sexual assault.

Haskell was a Spanish teacher with the Toms River Regional school district. She worked at the Intermediate South school in Beachwood, where she also served as faculty adviser to the drama club.

Authorities have said the relationship took place in 2012, between June and September. The sexual activities occurred in both Beachwood and Barnegat.

[​IMG]

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I sympathize. The New Jersey shore in summer. It probably would've been really tough to find a 18-year-old college student.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

She pissed the judge off somehow to get that sentence

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'd spring her. Tonight at midnight.

Who else is in? I know RickStain would.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Who gets her dirt button? /crossthread

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Seems awful harsh. She must have had a horseshit attorney.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How many years would the accused get if the genders were reversed?

Draft saved Draft deleted