1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One night in Philly

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Just did some searching. The garage is between 15th and 16th on a side street between Race and Vine. The address is 1540 Spring Street. Very convenient to the Sheraton. It's still $5 according to this website: www.philadelphia.bestparking.com.

Not that many restaurants very close by. Your best cheesesteaks are further away - Jim's, Tony Luke's (I prefer the pork and greens sandwich there to the cheesesteaks), etc.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As Dyno said there is not too many restaurants close by, but there is a place called Jake's Pizza on corner Race and Broad about 3 blocks away. I would not use as your marquis diner place but I thought their Philly Cheese steaks were pretty good and reasonably priced.

The Sheraton is actually a good place to stay for events out at the Sports complex. Close to Broad street subway which is a straight shot to Citizens Park

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Just got back fom a day trip to Philly. Checked out the Liberty Bell and got a steak at Pat's.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's essentially what we're doing. We won't get there until after lunch and will be leaving early the next morning.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Outing alert: Stitch is
    [​IMG]

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It will be me in 15-20 years.

7. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

from 17th and race, try Sabrina's for breakfast/lunch. Dandelion, not too far from you, is good. You can also go to Tony Jrs., a small storefront which is the Center City outpost of Tony Lukes. Village Whiskey is good, but its small and they don't take reservations, so you're taking your chances a little.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, the young kid going with us grew up about 30 minutes outside Philadelphia, so might have some input on where we should go. Just found out today. But, I'm not counting on him too much. He's really young. Like 22.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This is taking on a Last Detail Quality.

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Will TBF eat his fucking flat hat?

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

You should have a great time. Philly is resonable. Enjoy.

Draft saved Draft deleted