1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One night in Buffalo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Anchor completely overrated tourist trap. Below average wings, above average prices.

Avoid the Queenston-Lewiston bridge - always a complete and utter cluster.

Rainbow is ok, Peace Bridge "generally" isn't bad. If you have Nexus (and everyone in your vehicle does as well), use the old Whirlpool Bridge in the Falls as it's Nexus-only and there is never a wait.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Because I like the Anchor and/or Century, or because I ain't never been to no Duff's?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The airport has an Anchor bar so it's a nice fall back if time did not allow for a stop at the
    original.

We have not heard from 3B since he hit Duffs last night. Someone better go check on him.
    He might still be sitting at the bar.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

For future reference:

• Charlie The Butcher is where to go for beef on weck.
    • If your wife tells you she'd rather go to the Anchor Bar than Duff's consider dropping her off.
    • The Niagara Falls panorama may not be as impressive from the American side, but our side is the only one where you can feel them. In warmer weather, pay the $1 to go down the elevator to the Maid of the Mist dock level and take the short hike to the bottom of the falls. Or pony up bigger money for the Cave of the Winds.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Agree completely, particularly about the Queenston-Lewiston bridge and also Anchor. Mediocre wings.

HC & I have Nexxus and yeah, it's two minutes to cross at the Whirlpool. It makes the border virtually disappear.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Went to Chef's tonight. Good, not great. Portion of spaghetti parm was huge. I have a pretty big appetite and I could only eat about a quarter of it. Charlie the Butcher, eh? There's one near my hotel by the airport. Might have to give it a try tomorrow.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Heated the leftover spaghetti parm up at the hotel and put the sauce over it. Was much better than in the restaurant. Also had a Beef on Weck. Good but ate it cold after the plane flight. Also did Anchor Bar wings at the airport. Very, very good although expensive, $13.50 for 10.

Draft saved Draft deleted