1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One night in Buffalo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Nov 12, 2013.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Pearl Street was an awesome stop. That Buffalo trip was loads of fun.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Very underrated drinking town, never had a bad time in Buffalo.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

snort

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Enroute to Duff's. Will report before lights out.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Really? As a wing devotee, I figured if I ever was anywhere near Buffalo the Anchor Bar would be like Calvary or Mecca.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yummy. I'm on fire.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I hope you didn't decide to venture into Canada; I made that awful decision a few months ago and had no idea it was a 90-minute traffic backup at the border (website said 'less than 30 minutes'; liars!).

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

The Anchor Bar has fantastic wings. So does the Century Grill (on Pearl Street, across from the Hyatt, close to the rink).

Never been to Duff's.

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Dead. To. Me.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I'm going in a couple of weeks and the border mess is one reason I decided to fly rather than drive. And a couple other guys who will be at the game swear we have to go the Anchor. I'll have a car so I might drive to Niagara Falls. I've seen it dozens of times from the Canadian side but not from the NY side.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If you do go to the Falls cross at the Peace Bridge take the Niagara River Parkway up the Ontario side instead of the 190 on the American side. Then cross over to the US at the Rainbow bridge to see the Falls from the US side. They are not as impressive, as you undoubtedly know.

It's been a while since I've been there but I've never had bad wings at the Anchor. I think there's a little blowback at the place because it is the tourist place to go. Duff's wings certainly are fine too.

After years of decline there's a lot happening in Buffalo now, with CanalSide and other waterfront development, the many other renovation projects being fueled by the new SUNY downtown medical campus, and re-investment in some declining neighborhoods because of very affordable housing stock.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is Buffalo a good to town for an *ss beatin'?

Draft saved Draft deleted