1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One More Time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Thanks to Taco Bell the song has burned it's way into my ear drum. Last month they lured me in with black tacos. Now they are drawing me in for cheese gorditas with the help of Joe Jackson.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. rascalface

rascalface Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about Mike Royko.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed by that ad, Boom.

"Look Sharp" is one hell of a great album, and now people will hear the opening track and think of Taco Bell.

I'm sorry, Joe Jackson, but to paraphrase ... "No reward of gorditas is worth this!"

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought it was about this ...

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm a pretty huge Joe Jackson fan. While it annoys me a bit to hear that song tied to Taco Bell every single commercial break, the guy's been doing absolutely brilliant stuff that hardly anyone's heard for about 25 years now, so I'm happy he's getting the payday.

7. Boom_70

That was my sentiment as well. "Look Sharp" was in regular rotation on my turn table back in the day.

It became one of those "out of site out of mind" albums over time. The Taco Bell commercial jogged my memory and I went right to Amazon and downloaded it to my MP3.
    It's really a timeless album.

If Joe Jackson makes some money off it good for him.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

"These cheese gorditas?"

First, They are cheesy Gordita crunches and second, they are the greatest food known to man. I will not argue this point with anyone. They are, hands down the best food ever. Their creator deserves a congressional medal of honor for mexican food-goodness. Anyone who disagrees should be shot and killed.

My life is infinitely better because of them and I am pretty sure I spent 40 percent of my college stringer income on them. Also, when you are drunk their quality doubles. True story.

If I were on Survivor, and I got one luxury item, it would be a Cheesy Gordita Crunch maker (assuming such an item exists).

Do you guys realize how bad Jay Cutler is? Well, the Cheesy Gordita Crunch is the exact opposite. If I could buy Cheesy Gordita Crunch stock, I would.

Then, I would wait for the stock exchange to rally then use the proceeds to buy more Cheesy Gordita Crunches. Actually that's a lie, I would buy them on my credit card, and pay the card off with the money from the stock. That way, I could use the cashback to buy more Cheesy Gordita Crunches.

Most of you probably think I am kidding. No, I am not. I eat Taco Bell up to 5 or 6 times a week. How I'm not dead or 300 pounds I don't know. But what I do know is I once dated a girl in college --- partially because she lived right behind the Taco Bell which was on the way home from the bar. How did I seal the deal you ask? She was drunk and I bought her a Cheesy Gordita Crunch. Another true story.

I also once wrote a newspaper column about how Taco Bell screwed up one time and gave me a Nacho Cheese Chalupa instead of a Cheesy Gordita Crunch. I swear, those things could solve our economic crisis, create peace in the middle East and eliminate world hunger, one chewy bite at a time.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Great post, Mustang.

Of course, if you were in school today, you might tempt that lass with a black taco ... :D

10. Boom_70

Black taco is a great desert after a cheese gordita

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Of course I have dabbled with a Black Taco before. In fact I have had everything on the menu at Taco Bell (drinks not included). I've even dabbled with special items such as Cheesy Gordita Crunches with beans instead of meat during lent and my favorite... the "makeshift tostada."

When Taco Bell got rid of the Tostada I wold order a hard taco with beans instead of meat, break it half and essentially pretend it was a tostada. Not a good meal while you are driving, but it was a fine substitute until they brought the Tostada back a few years ago. I think it was absent from like 2002 to 2006.

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Just chiming in to echo everything in this.

Draft saved Draft deleted