1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One more time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, May 7, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

You might remember me from the thread when I was drunk and in the presence on Fed chairman Ben Bernanke. Tonight I report to you live from a banquet at the Washington Hilton where Ronnie Rayguns barely escaped death, and where I am drunk again and in the presence of Bob Dole and Tom Friedman. Luckily, there is little chance this time that I will interact with either of these people. I will just say that Bob is moving well for his age.

2. Ask Friedman what his cab driver said on the way over.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Tom was late actually, citing the traffic. I don't know if be took a cab.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Drunk before 9 p.m.!?! I'm either impressed or saddened by that.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I was asked at 5:30 to be here by 7, and it took every second of that time for me to arrive. I took advantage of the open bar.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Bob with a lovely tribute to Jack Kemp in which he took a swipe at The Base and its exclusiveness. Then he explicitly endorsed universal health care and education.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'll give you a $1 to walk up to him and say "You'll need to apologize to Rush Limbaugh for that."

Draft saved Draft deleted