1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One More Sarah Palin Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 6, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ain't happening. We haven't had a boob job for president since... the previous one...
    Never mind.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ha! In the comments section, someone calls him "Joe the Lumber."

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought I had read somewhere that Bristol and the baby daddy were back together.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

He be missin', them corn muffins.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Say what you want about The Palins but for a group thrown into the world spotlight with less then a week's notice I think they've done amazingly well.

6. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. I think "amazingly well" would amount to realizing that your family looked like the Clampetts on a global stage and hightailing it back to Alaska in hopes of regaining some semblance of normal life. That she is either a) making a laughable run at the presidency or b) laying the groundwork to become white, republican Oprah makes her no better than the Kardashians or Lohans of this world.

7. Boom_70

If they are the Clampetts than the same is true of 60 - 75 % of US families.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They weren't thrown into the world spotlight. If you fall get trapped in a well you are thrown into a world spotlight.

They -- or at least mama -- jumped into the spotlight.

9. Boom_70

You should read Game Change- I came away more thinking "pushed" then "jumped".

Either way she has made the most of her "15 minutes"

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

So did Morris the cat.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If by "amazingly well" you mean "a complete fucking embarrassment to themselves and anyone with half a brain" then, yeah, I guess. so.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I guess he was a Dem.

Draft saved Draft deleted