1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One More Duggar!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 17, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And when someone tries to put laws on the books to stop these people from doing what they're doing, pall, you might have a point.

Until then, though, you don't.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Actually, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull

3. pallister

pallister Guest

So the definition of aberrant is not as simple as "doing something that differs from the norm." OK, that's what I thought. Glad we agree.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're veering toward old-tony-nonsensical, now.

The word means what it means. You brought gay people into it.

Being gay is certainly not the norm. But it's a lot more common than having 17 kids.

Can we stop playing false dichotomy, now?

5. pallister

pallister Guest

But I was having so much fun. Hey, you talked yourself into a corner. It happens. I'll stop playing now.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ah, the, "You know what I mean!" passive-offensive.

And twice on one thread.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Awful story, in my honest opinion.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

It's featured prominently in my playbook.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I haven't followed these people, so I ask an honest question or two: When did they get the television deal, and how many kids did they have then?

At a certain point, you've got to wonder if they're having more children out of the want for children or fame. At least I do.

10. KG

KG Active Member

I think they had 15 when they showed up on TLC, Mike. However, like some others, it started out as like a one-time deal, then turned in to seasons.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A quick Google reveals the father did quite well in real estate. He also owns several commercial properties that bring in a ton of cash.

12. mb

mb Active Member

I *love* that Zeke has now pulled out the "it's what the word means" defense. Guess it's OK to play that one when it works for you, regardless of how vociferously you've ridden folks who tried to argue the same point in the past.

Makes me glad I still lurk. Wonder where Dickens, bonstonbred, sportschick and buckweaver are?

Draft saved Draft deleted