1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One moment in history, where would you go?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I always liked Martin Sheen's lines in the movie The Final Countdown because they make you think. He asks the question:

What happens if I go back in time and meet my grandfather when he was a young man long before he ever got married or had children. We get in a fight, and I kill him. But if he is killed before having children, I can never be born, so how can I go back in time and kill him?

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'd like to go back in time exactly eight years from today and show America that if they voted for Bush, we'd end up in the shithole we are today. Maybe that'd change their mind ;D

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd go back to when BYH lost his virginity. How could that NOT be hilarious?

The awkward fumbling around, the stilted conversation, the Damn Yankees/Dangerous Toys/Kix/Britny Fox/Samantha Fox soundtrack?

Historic indeed.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd break Bartman's arms.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ambassador Hotel, Los Angeles, California, June 6, 1968.

When you think of all that could have been different, man, does that stick out.

6. Shoeless Joe

I'd love to go to Sept. 11 2001 with one hand on the fire alarm in the Twin Towers and the other on the phone to the FAA about two hours or so before the attacks.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'd go back to the moment I made my decision between majoring in journalism and majoring in IT.

"Okay, kid, let me tell you about the Internet and what it's going to do to newspapers. And let me tell you about the other side of being a sportswriter."

It'd be a brief, yet convincing, argument.

9. Shoeless Joe

On a personal note, the moment when I was choosing between orders to Norfolk and Mayport and I picked Norfolk. What the hell was I thinking?

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://danbern.com/newamericanlanguagelyrics.html#godsaidno

11. I'd like to go back and serve as Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein's intern from, oh, say 1972-74.

(Batman: Love the Apollo 13 idea, and couldn't agree more with every point you made.)

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Was thinking of the cave and the rock, myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted