1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One moment in history, where would you go?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 18, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Usually I just whimper.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Ha! I don't condone actions such as the one I mentioned at all. But if Hitler was never born, imagine how different this world would be.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Eastern Conference finals
    To tell Charles Smith 'When you get the ball under the basket at the end of the game, DUNK IT!'

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What about Dallas Nov. 21, 1963. To remind the police to sweep all buildings - including the book repository - the morning of the motorcade.
    or
    Dallas police station Nov. 23, 1963 to shoot Jack Ruby before he shoots Oswald?

5. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Crawford, Texas on Aug. 6, 2001, so I could tell George W. Bush to take his daily reports a little more seriously.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Imagine if Hitler weren't so much like the Celtics. ;D :D ;)

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, for one, Jemele Hill wouldn't be in hot water.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always wonder about that, and the conclusion I come to is...not much, maybe even worse. Hitler's rise came from a set of circumstances following WWI, not just the man himself. It's easy to say if he was never born, things like the holocaust and WWII never would've happened, but the truth is they probably would have. And maybe somebody (perhaps one of his underlings) without his self-destructive flaws would've come to power instead.

For my moment, being in Mission Control during Apollo 13's trip would be incredible. I'm always amazed at how those engineers on the ground found ways, often in a couple hours, to fix failures they never conceived of with solutions that the spacecraft wasn't designed to pull off. To go through that for three straight days, knowing any misstep is going to kill the guys on the ship, and to finally see those chutes floating into the Pacific has got to be the most incredible feeling of accomplishment you could ever have.
    Even more than the first moon landing, getting those guys home might have been the greatest achievement in the history of NASA.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

D-Day. Absolutely not because I'm a war junkie and would want to kill Natzies, 'cause I'm not. I'm a non-combatant. It's what I consider our finest day as Americans.

You can argue the moon trip, I guess. But I don't.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

the invention of the caesar salad

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Texas School Book Depository, Nov. 22, 1963, before noon. So I could disarm Oswald.
    Then to the grassy knoll so I could try to stop those shooters (if they existed).

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Maybe you could just punch Oswald's momma in the stomach.

Draft saved Draft deleted