1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One moment in history, where would you go?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 18, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Top 4:

1) The cabinet meetings where Bush & Co. decided to invade Iraq. I'd try talking some sense into them saying the job in Afghanistan of finding Osama Bin Laden isn't over yet and that Saddam's perceived power is the only thing keeping Iran in check.

2) Somewhere in Germany prior to Hitler's invasion of Poland. So I could shoot Adolf and prevent the war.

3) On board the rocket with Armstrong & Aldrin.. being part of the first moonwalk would be pretty amazing.

4) The Continental Congress in the early 1780s so I could be a part of the drafting of the Constitution.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Grassy knoll, Dallas. Nov. 22, 1963. I just wanna know.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'd kill John Wilkes Booth the day before he shoots Lincoln.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'd like to drop in on America before the Europeans got here to really get a sense of how massive some of the native population centers were.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Then instead of Columbus Day, we'd celebrate NoOneLikesUs Day!

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Gettysburg when Lincoln spoke, with the perception to understand at that time (which few had) that his words, especially the "of the people, by the people, and for the people" closing summarize what America should be about more perfectly than any other ever spoken.

That speech, and his second inauguration speech, are two of the greatest pieces of American literature ever written.

7. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

1. Pearl Harbor on Dec. 6, 1941..."Hey guys, you might want to watch the Northern sky the next day or so."

2. Riding shot gun in the Enola Gay over Hiroshima

3. Last January, on the sideline at Lambeau just before overtime to tell Favre, "hey, he's going to jump the underneath route. Audible to the stop-and-go"

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Put me on the quarterdeck of the USS Constitution during its battle with HMS Guerriere.

Then I can take part in Isaac Hull bitch slapping the Brits.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

ah.

I will now cower in shame.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I don't know of an exact date, but I'd like to go punch Mrs. Hitler in the stomach to ensure that Adolf would've never been born.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And that's different from every other time how? ;)

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Outing alert — KevinmH9 is Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson

Draft saved Draft deleted