1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One moment in history, where would you go?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If you could be magically transported to one moment in history, not just as a fly on the wall, but as a participant, what would it be?

Me, I'd want to be an American GI during the liberation of Paris. I think you know why ...

What about you?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, this is the oddest goddamn d_b in history.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd shoot Chipper Jones.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Except this one is for actual participation, and the other is to just watch and not change anything.

But other than that, you're close.

5. Helping to knock down the Berlin Wall would have been pretty sweet.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I would have liked to participate in Angelina's deflowering.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I would go back to that day in 1987 when I was about to sign the papers for my first new car, and put down the pen, turn around and walk away.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Id be in the Civil War and be the guy hiding in trees shooting the hell out of the morons lined up in rows marching toward each other with guns.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Shouldn't have said that. Now some Southern SportsJournalists.commer is gonna be hiding in a tree right behind you.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The first.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I don't know how you'd participate, other than hold on, but I gotta think for entertainment value it'd be hard to top the big bang.

12. The crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

I would write a historically accurate account of the crucifixion and its aftermath, and distribute (and/or hide it) as widely as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted