1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One legged Little Leaguer ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rhody31, Jun 2, 2008.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Mark Madden to come out with a column/radio commentary telling us all what a sham and disgrace this is.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Did they give him a three-base handicap when he hits the ball?
    [ /ducking]

3. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

When my little brother was 12, his Little League team's third baseman had a prosthetic leg from the knee down.
    One day during infield practice, the coach hit him a grounder that took a bad hop and cracked the prosthetic leg.
    The kid's dad went home to retrieve the kid's back-up leg so he could continue practice. When the dad got back, while he was reattaching the prosthesis, he said to the coach, "Take it easy on the boy today. He's on his last leg."
    True story.

4. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

That just brought tears to my eyes...how god damn funny is that?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I just want to applaud the fact that it only took one post for the first smart-ass comment to show up.

That's why I love this place. I don't want to live in world where you can't poke fun at a one-legged Little Leaguer.

6. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

agreed. my favorite part of the whole thing.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Is it mean to give the kid a participation trophy with two legs at the end of the season?

Draft saved Draft deleted