1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One-hit wonders: Movie edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wedgewood, Mar 20, 2012.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Nick Apollo Forte, in Broadway Danny Rose.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Top Gun, Kelly McGillis looked like she had a big career ahead of her. OK, she's probably a two-hit wonder, with Witness, but that's about it, right?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

She was the lawyer The Accused.

5. bigpern23

I like the idea of this thread, but it's a little bit difficult because basically any actor who headlines a hit movie will get probably one or two more after that before they flame out.

Directors are probably a little easier to come up with, so in that regard, I'll nominate the director of "Leaving Las Vegas," Mike Figgis. Critically adored, made $32M on a $4M budget and garnered a bunch of awards and nominations, including Best Director. Haven't heard from the guy since.

The Wachowskis could probably make this list, too. They blew up with "The Matrix" movies, did "Speed Racer" and haven't done anything since. They directed "Bound," which was very good, but I don't think it qualifies as a hit.

6. bigpern23

Forgot about that one.

7. I think that was his older brother.

8. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Wilson the Volleyball has more acting chops than Osment.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Final analysis isn't in, but I fully expect Daniel Radcliffe to fill this role.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Not at all. He's already done good, critically-acclaimed theater work and I don't foresee him having trouble getting good work in movies.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

When Rounders came out people acted like Gretchen Mol was going to be getting $20 million a picture within a few years.

Gedde Watanabe has a lot of credits, but nothing that compares to Long Duk Dong.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

She was the worst character in Rounders. She is VERY good -- and very disturbing -- in Boardwalk Empire, though. Oh, and very naked, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted