1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Hit Wonders: Acting Division

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 21, 2007.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Last I saw Bud Cort was as Dennis Haysbert's asshole boss in "Heat."

I nominate Carrie Henn, the little girl from Aliens. That was her only screen credit, I believe.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Hopefully, he'll keep staying away from acting. Hell, after Menace, who would hire the kid?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Where's Jim Caviezel been?

Robert Forster?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Are you serious?

5. DanOregon

I can't name a Caviezel film since Passion of the Christ and I haven't seen Forster in anything since Jackie Brown.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just off the top of my head, but Caviezel was the villain in Deja Vu and Forster the villain in Consequence.

7. DanOregon

Doc,
    I stand corrected. It's just odd when somebody gets a lot of pub for a role, perhaps an Oscar nomination, and then "poof" they seem to fall back into the ranks of just another actor.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

before

[​IMG]

after

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Don't know how this has gone unmentioned on a "Soranos"-obsessed site like this one, but Riegert was awesome in a recurring role as the corrupt councilman. You have to love the scene where Tony whips the shit out of him with his belt for dating his ex.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

How has it taken three pages to get to Mark Hamill?

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

He also played the bond company stooge in A Life Aquatic.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Watched "Network" a few months ago and this one -- not remotely a one-hit wonder, but someone who had a lengthy stint at the top of her game, then poof, gone -- has puzzled me for the better part of a decade...

Faye Dunaway.

During the late 60s, 70s and even into the early 80s, she was everywhere. Then... dropped off the face of celluloid Earth. What has she done lately, if anything? And what happened?

Damn, she was hot in "Network."

Draft saved Draft deleted