1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Hit Wonders: Acting Division

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 21, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think we all know what type of acting he went on to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If musical one-hit wonders can be terrible, cheesy crap, so can acting one-hit wonders.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Josh Hartnett?

Billy Baldwin? Although if I was married to Chyna Phillips there would be other things I'd be doing besides acting

and I really miss Merideth Salinger, not so much her brother Matt (Revenge of the Nerds) - maybe they're following the example of their famous dad J.D.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

How is Josh Hartnett a one-hit wonder?

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Update:
    [​IMG]

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Animal House's "Boone" (Peter Riegert) was in a nice film with Amy Irving called Crossing Delancey. He also was in a couple of Law & Order episodes.

Wow, just looked up his IMDB.com page and he was in Traffic. Forgot about Local Hero, too.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

They made a movie about it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318049/

8. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

He did the voice acting for Quasimodo in Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Riegert pops up in guest TV shots from time to time. Don't forget, he was the network executive who was going to revive "Jerry" in the Seinfeld finale. He also had a guest shot as Dan Rydell's dad in "Sports Night"

As for the category, I can't believe this name hasn't been mentioned, since it was the first name to pop into my head: F. Murray Abraham.

10. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Arianna Richards, she was fairly decent as Lex in Jurassic Park, and was hot as the cheerleader in Angus, and then nothing.

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

He was no one-hit wonder, but did anyone in film history have a better hit ratio than John Cazale?

He made six films before his death ... five of which I've heard of and all are stellar: The Conversation, Godfather, Godfather II, The Deer Hunter and Dog Day Afternoon.

His other film was The American Way (1962).

12. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Further proof imdb is the best website ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted