1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Hit Wonders: Acting Division

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 21, 2007.

1. My boy Peter Billingsly. Was a few movies as a child then ... poof

Loved A Christmas Story.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Dennis Christopher in Breaking Away

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

He's become a producer. He works a lot with Jon Favreau.

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Forget Paris was a hell of an entertaining movie, though admittedly I may be the only one who thinks so.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Think he's a vet in upstate New York, if I remember right. There's a decent book about the making of "Willy Wonka" that spells all that stuff out. Slight threadjack: Joel Grey was the first choice to play Willy Wonka and the talked to Jean Stapleton about playing one of the parents, then she told the producers "I'm up for a part in this TV series called 'All in the Family'. So I think I'll drop out."

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Right you are. Anyhoo:

--Brad Davis, Midnight Express.
    --Bud Cort, Harold and Maude.
    --The guy who played Flounder on Animal House.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The Flounder guy -- Steven Furst -- lost quite a bit of weight years after the movie.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a feeling Jennifer Hudson will be on this list in a few years... I hope I'm wrong...

Nice call on Fugit. I've seen him in a few bit parts and I think he had a brief appearance on House this season, but he's done nothing even close to Almost Famous since...

If we're on the subject of Fast Times, Brian Backer (Mark Ratner) should be on that list as well as Romanus...

9. Mizzougrad96

Gretchen Mol was tremendous in The Notorious Bettie Page. Obviously she never lived up to the hype when she was on the cover of Rolling Stone and Vanity Fair when Rounders came out...

10. Mizzougrad96

Kim Walker in Heathers...

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No way. I have it as well. She and Billy Crystal were pretty good in that film.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

She's dead.

How about Lisa Eilbacher? She played Seegar in Officer and a Gentleman and the lead female role in Beverly Hills Cop. She now directs movies with her husband.

Draft saved Draft deleted