1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

one-hit wonder quarterbacks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

He clearly wasn't bombastic enough for the WWL...

2. chester

chester Member

Isn't he doing radio in Chicago or something like that?

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Tommy Maddox.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

According to his Wikipedia entry (if you can count on it), Malone is "became the sports director at WBBM-TV in Chicago in 2004."

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow. That's a fast fade.

And really, does being drafted in the first round qualify for this thread? Because that was really the only time anybody was excited about Malone.

Well, that and when he set the team record for longest touchdown pass....as a receiver (90 yards from Bradshaw). He was Slash before Kordell (though that might have been his only career catch).

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Mr Rydell beat me to Greg Cook. He was the definitive one, IMO. Or at least the best talent (and saddest story) among the bunch. Longley played on the biggest stage on Turkey Day. My favorite: Joe Gilliam.

YHS, etc

7. outofplace

Gilliam was a weird case. Actually started the first couple of games in 1974 ahead of Terry Bradshaw. Problem was twofold. One, he refused to listen to Chuck Noll and called too many pass plays. Two, he was already becoming a cokehead by then.

8. IU90

IU90 Member

Nice call. Forgot about Brock, the ultimate one-season wonder.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And with Rothesberger, that makes four.

Sorry forgot to add the kicker on the three qb question. It should have also included, "and none won the Super Bowl playing for that team."

10. outofplace

Duh. How did I miss that one? Must be trying to block out how shitty Roethlisberger played in that game (thank you Seahawks for sucking that day).

And actually, it would be two of the four won the Super Bowl with that team -- Bradshaw and Roethlisberger. Unitas never even played for the Steelers. I think Dawson stayed for one season.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Jake Plummer, a two-time loser

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Out of Place, my question is which NFL team has drafted three quarterbacks who won Super Bowls elsewhere?

Draft saved Draft deleted