1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Hit Wonder Music Trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Correct.

Looking it up,I was surprised the show lasted 12 episodes. I thought it only was three or four.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That is definitely something Michael Stipe would do.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

To clarify, this band's hit was MUCH later covered by another band (and recently) with greater success.

For the second video, the band performs (over-acting on purpose) in front of a green screen with the original video aging behind them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Could be multiple answers to this one. I am thinking of a different group and song.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Possible. I was thinking of a different group and song, but there could be multiple answers due to the way I worded this.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Two-parter.

1. The video of this band's single hit featured people trapped in cages inside a mall. The band broke up before the song fell off the charts. Who was it?

2. Among the band members was a former child star who was part of a top-10 network show. Who was it?

7. Big Circus

That's the New Radicals, right? No idea on the show.

8. jr/shotglass

That's a toughie, because she was barely seen in the video.

Their percussionist/keyboardist was Danielle Brisebois, who played Archie's niece in the final season or two of "All In The Family."

9. Killick

I think the girl that was in the later seasons of Archie Bunker was in that group, but I don't remember the cages. I thought it was basically kids goofing off at a mall.

EDIT: oops. Late.

10. Killick

Good one, though.

11. jr/shotglass

Featured might have been the wrong word. Thought they were more prominent.

That lead singer, Greg Alexander, was apparently a real talent who alienated everyone he worked with.

Danielle Brisebois got more run in this video, a song that didn't chart but I didn't think was too bad.

12. Big Circus

Hey, it stuck with me.

Draft saved Draft deleted