1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One hit wonder movie directors

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jakewriter82, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Agreed.

Of the Leone flicks, The GB&U is probably my least favorite. It is waaaay to long and drawn out. IMO not a good movie.
    The Man with No Name trilogy is a great.

I also really enjoyed the Trinity series directed by Enzo Barboni ... they were pretty funny.

2. Rosewood was pretty good.

3. And the criminally underrated Wonder Boys.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ugh. The only thing criminal about that movie was how they stole my $10. What a horrendous pile of crap that movie was.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

But that's not the thread question. The thread question is one-hit wonder, and by that strict definition, Leone qualifies.

Believe me, I love Leone and enjoy the Revolution trilogy much more than the Man With No Name trilogy. Once Upon A Time In The West is my very favorite movie.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Spielberg

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

IMDB didn't have the numbers, but according to your post, his movies didn't fare well in America. You didn't take international box office into account. I'm curious to see how those movies fared worldwide, particularly in Italy.

Oh, and OUATITW isn't my favorite movie of all time, but it's definitely among my favorite Westerns. Great flick.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

C'mon Big Pern, we live in Bush-Cheney's America. The rest of the world doesn't matter. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted