1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One for The Onion HOF

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Holy Lord. This had me rolling.

http://mobile.theonion.com/articles/new-commercials-for-old-milwaukee-beer-feature-gro,28590/?mobile=true

It doesn't get any better than this?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought the main demographic was poor college students.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Awesome.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Honestly, what's the fucking point?

5. Bubbler

Someone at The Onion ate their Wheaties today ...

http://mobile.theonion.com/articles/us-intelligence-confirms-the-hillbillies-have-the,1116/?mobile=true

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bubbler:

I'm in Wisconsin, and since we're not FB friends, I'm asking you here. My goal is to make it through this weekend without drinking a beer I've had before. So far I've had Spotted Cow from New Glarus, a Nude Beach from Point and a Haacker Pschor or something or other. It's a hefe.

What else, knowing I only drink wheats, whites, lagers and fruit beers?

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am not Bubbler, but I do know the turf -- have you had Leinie's yet? Summer Shandy is always the popular pick.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, I've had Leinie's long before I got here. Sunset Wheat is my go to, but the Shandy is also good.

9. Bubbler

Damn. Too many to mention. I'm riding in the car right now, so I can't check brands, but there's a cherry beer they make in Door County that's tasty. I'm at a loss to name one. (Plus, since I don't live in Wisconsin anymore, I'm rusty.)

If you want hipster swill, there's always Point Beer.

If you want just swill swill, there's Rhinelander!

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Or Wisconsin Club. I remember the summer Indiana Daily Student staff drinking that heavily at a party, and the next day coming into the paper all feeling like we'd been shot in the stomach. I've never had another beer that caused a gastric distress hangover.

11. Bubbler

Milwaukee's Best and (bringing this back around to the original post) Old Milwaukee had the same effect on me.

The Beast, in particular. For a while, it was the only beer with "Milwaukee" in the title that was actually brewed there.

I've heard Old Milwaukee went to a better formula. Maybe, but I'll never know. Too much swill under the bridge for me to ever try it again.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Try some of the beers from Capital Brewery ... Supper Club is my personal fave.

Others from Capital: http://www.capital-brewery.com/OurBeers/OurBeers.aspx

Draft saved Draft deleted