1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One day in Denver in January - what should I do?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

In Frisco (as someone else pointed out, right down the road from Copper) The Lost Cajun is worth a stop to eat. It's the only place in Frisco I've ever eaten, and it's very good.

Actually, I'm heading down that direction today and may stop there. (It should be noted good cajun food is rare here, so I may be a bit too impressed, but it really is legit.)

I don't really have go-to spots in Denver. I usually just eat based on convenience or Yelp. I've stumbled into a place called My Brother's Bar on a handful of occasions. Great burgers. Get the jalapeño cream cheese as a topping. It's near 16th St. Mall, but a short-ish drive away.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We went to City Grill, but I didn't think much of it.
    It certainly wasn't bad; I just didn't think it was special.

Wanted to hit Buckhorn Exchange but that didn't work out.
    And I was disappointed in Denver Art Museum.

We were also in Colorado Springs for a couple days, and their little art museum was fantastic.
    Also had a better elk burger there and found a really cool guitar store.

So in my extremely limited Colorado experience: Colorado Springs > Denver.

Unfortunately, we were there the year before weed was legal.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

One day in Denver and the world's your oyster ...

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

A Rocky Mountain oyster?

5. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

Revising this because I am heading to Denver next week. Staying near Cherry Creek and covering some stuff at Metro State. What are my best dive bar options, food options and good public golf options, in case I can get 18 holes in one day? Also, is the light rail my best option for getting downtown?

Draft saved Draft deleted