1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One day in Denver in January - what should I do?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Does a Bustle Pack have anything to do with her bust? Never heard of this.

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

They blew big dick as a microbrewery in Ann Arbor. I'm SURE they're wonderful spirit makers.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Haven't been to Snooze in our visits to Mrs. Fly's sis. It's on the must-do list for certain next time, likely this spring/summer. We did really dig Sam's #3, anything with their pork based green chile was excellent.

For microbrews, if you like the funky/sour stuff, Crooked Stave is the go-to spot. They've just opened (or are just about to open) a bigger place but the things I've had from them are superb.

I had a blast at Great Divide in my lone trip several years back. I want to make a return this time, especially since they've stopped distribution to my state.

Wynkoop and Breckenridge are both pretty blah IMO. Shockingly, AC Golden (Coors) makes some off-the-hook sours if you can find 'em.

Falling Rock gets a lot of attention but I wasn't all that thrilled with it. Been told Cheeky Monk is a fun spot but have never been.

If you're out in Boulder, Avery has one of the best taprooms I've been to.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Give her the gift of Denver fashion: http://bustlepacks.com/

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Get outdoors. It's the Rockies.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Check the calendar to see if you're there during the Western Stock Show and Rodeo from the 10th to the 25th. Reminds you Denver is part of the West.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Ooo, thanks for the heads up. The wife was actually bummed that she didn't get to go to the Rodeo when it was in Houston this year, so she'd probably jump at the chance.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just check your allergies before you go. When I went, my Denver friend had young kids (this was in the late '80s) and they insisted we visit the rabbit exhibition. Room as big as a high school gym filled with thousands and thousands of rabbits. I didn't know I was allergic to rabbit fur -- until then.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Stock Show is vastly underrated. The parade of cattle down 17th Street is Jan. 8 and is awesome. Chauncey Billups is your grand marshal this year.

If you're here before the Stock Show ends, check out the City and County Building. It's lit up with tremendous holiday lights that stays up, per tradition, through the end of the Stock Show

Casa Bonita is a joke, is ridiculously overrated and the food blows. There are 100 other places to eat than going to that place.

Draft saved Draft deleted