1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One car or two?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Jan 14, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ultimate douchemobile is a Lamborghini. If you don’t believe me, I’ll point you toward the two people I know (both multi-divorced dads with spray tans who use Just For Men) who cavort around town in Lamborghinis (and their residences don’t match their cars, because they have to pay child support).

I’d be perfectly happy with a no-car lifestyle, but public transportation here isn’t great and the city’s not bike-friendly.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I was going to say “your poor son” but then I thought about how much room that back seat has. :D

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He loves the minivan because he’s a white water kayaker and he can put them on the roof and camp in van.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pulled the trigger yesterday on a ‘19 CR-V. I think I’m going to be happy with this decision.

TigerVols and spikechiquet like this.
  5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'd like one car that can get me from Point A to Point B.

And no one else better even think about driving it!

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Audis by a million asshole driven miles. The Audi is the douchmobile for rich people who don't have $500K for a car but still want to be a douche. Fuck them.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Two here, which is enough. Wife has a Mom car and I have something reliable, which is all I want.

Some dudes love cars and boats, Fart loves dogs and old books.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My 1990 Lexus is down to one functioning gauge. Good thing no policeman has ever asked if I knew how fast I was going. All I could tell him is, "About 2800 rpm, sir."

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Keep us posted...I could see that exact vehicle joining our family again soon.

Cosmo likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I once went from driving a MINI Cooper S to a BMW 335D and it's funny how suddenly no one would let me merge.

:confused:

Draft saved Draft deleted