1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Bullet, One Agent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 16, 2007.

?

Which agent is/was the biggest douche bag?

1. Scott Boras

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. David Falk

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Drew Rosenhaus

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  4. other (write name in post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

To be sure, many of the owners are to blame for the mess they're in, but I wouldn't shed a tear if Boras went away in a tragic combine accident.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tired shit.

How about who's the biggest douchebag owner who'd love nothing more than the players to be indentured servants?

Steinbrenner?

Hicks?

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

If I'm in a room full of agents -- Falk, Rosenhaus, Arn Tellem, Boras, Steinberg -- I know exactly who I use the bullet on.

Myself.

4. Yes, because none of us ever use lawyers and would negotiate multimillion dollar deals ourselves and do so in the best interest of the people who would otherwise be trying to screw us.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OTOH, it's an uneven playing for the owners which allows Boras to lie. He can tell Texas that Los Angeles has offered 9 years at 23 million a year. That it will take 10 years and 25 million a year to close the deal, and you can't call LA to see of it's true.

6. Yes, I feel, often, for the embattled owners of baseball teams -- who have been known to conspire to violate agreements that they freely bargained -- who may be reduced to selling apples if the current situation is allowd to continue.
    Knock every ML salary down to 100K, and ticket prices will stay where they are and the Pirates will still suck.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Then tell him to go take their offer.

8. heyabbott

I have no love for either party in contract negotiations. I find the money the players and owners make disproportionate to their worth and value. Seriously, why should I care whether Kevin Garnett or ownership makes 25 million a year or 100K a year? Garnett's not going to refuse some salary to reduce ticket prices any more than ownership is going to forgo profits to reduce ticket prices.

9. OK, so why's the agent the bad guy?

10. heyabbott

Face Time on TV, quoted in the papers.

No one in sports, NO ONE, was more vilified and hated in sports than George Steinbrenner until the '96 season. Why? Proximity to a microphone or a camera. There are plenty of worse owners, angelos, bidwell and sterling come to mind, but they are far from the camera.

Boras and Rosenhaus never met a camera, microphone or reporter that he didn't feel he drawn to.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So no real reason.

12. heyabbott

More agents on TV than owners.

bring back Caged Death Matches

Jerry Jones v. Drew Rosenhaus

Draft saved Draft deleted