1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One black. One white. One blonde. One dead.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Definitely a generation gap on this thread. To anyone of my era, the "one black, one white, one blonde" is a dead giveaway to the "Mod Squad."

But then again, I remember "My Mother the Car," "The Wild, Wild West" and "Hogan's Heroes" with fondness, too.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nah. BYH and I would just sit in the office, IMing each other, pounding on the keyboard in laughter while sportsbruh complained about us keeping him down.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I have loved her since her turn as diner owner Norma Jennings on The Greatest TV Show of All Time, Twin Peaks.

She was also great in a guest role on Alias a couple years back.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

And crime would go on unabated!!!!

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Peggy was in the news a few months ago in relation to NY State controller scandal:

In 2004, Lipton was diagnosed with colon cancer. She has undergone treatment and appears to be in remission. During her year-long treatment, anonymous sources informed the New York Post, she may have been supplied with 24-hour chauffeured car service at the expense of the state of New York, according to a 25 November 2006 story in the New York Post. The car, which the unnamed sources said reportedly took Lipton to chemotherapy appointments as well as on personal errands, is suspected to have been supplied by Jack Chartier, who is reportedly a close friend of Lipton's as well as the chief of staff for Alan Hevesi, a New York politician who is presently under a similar personal-auto-use-related ethics investigation. Lipton "is not accused of any wrongdoing," the Post stated, and the situation is being investigated by the Albany County, New York district attorney's office for possible ethics violations. As the Post reported, "David Neustadt, a spokesman for the comptroller's office, yesterday wouldn't comment on the investigation or answer whether Chartier has repaid the state any money for the Lipton driver."

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

hate to burst bubbles, but no way is that peggy lipton. i'm sure she's still quite fetching, but that ain't her.

try this: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1988/Events/1988/PeggyLipto_Wargo_1071621_400.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Lipton,%20Peggy

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You realize both pictures are coming from the same source? Making them both her, or both not her?

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

no. the one i posted is definitely peggy. the other one is a mis-i.d. they're both from IMDb, which frequently has wrongly i.d.'d pics.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't know. Both look the same to me.

10. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

But how about the scene where spnited says, 'You're off the case, dickhead!'

And BYH responds, 'You haven't solved a case, old man, since you arrested Dillinger.'

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

try looking with your glasses, ijag.

Draft saved Draft deleted