1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OnDemand Kicks Butt, or An Afternoon with Eddie Macon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Sep 10, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So I finally decide to skip through the free movie selection on OnDemand, and lo and behold, there's Eddie Macon's Run. The first movie I remember in my lifetime. John Schneider on the run, Kirk Douglas tailing him.

I'm watching it, and Macon's cellmate is played by Matthew Cowles, best known to me as Billy Clyde Tuggle, pimp extraordinaire on All My Children in the late 80s.

So I go to imdb and look him up, and it turns out he is married to Christine Baranski, and raised his children without TV because he doesn't agree with the violence or sexual nature of television. Yes, that's right, the guy who played a pimp in the 80s didn't agree with the sexual nature of television.

Anyway, any other hidden gems on OnDemand's free movies I should take a look at, or any other weird cross-casting examples?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Never heard of the movie, but I remember Billy Clyde.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

This movie is awesome.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Is Stewart still on AMC; how about Dixie?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think Dixie finally actually died. I think Stuart moved away. Adam's still there, Tad's dating Adam's ex-wife (again, since Dixie was also married to Adam). I saw one episode when I was home last week. I didn't know who any of them were any more.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Or you could watch the Greek marathon on ABC Family. Never watched this show before, but I was hooked after the first episode. Now I can't stop.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

What the hell is Greek?

Draft saved Draft deleted