1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Once again, the NYT belives the rules are different for them

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Mar 6, 2007.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

What would Jesus do ... if he worked for the NYT? I belive he would do the same thing.

YHS, etc

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Disagree, friendly. Jesus would have bummed the money off someone else and given it to the kid.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The bigger question begs...would Jesus write for the Times or another paper? I'm guessing his first choice would be the Christian Science Monitor, but who knows, maybe he has a jones to scribe for the Plain-Dealer.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe he applied, but the Plain-Dealer hired Mary Magdalene instead, dammit.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Allen,

The CSM? Then I truly wear sandals for a good reason.

YHS, etc

6. I've been told Jesus was one of the 28 sports editors who have been fired by the Trentonian since 1994. He couldn't make the loaves and fishes add up in the box score, so Jelenic crucified him.

7. Well, I heard Jesus Christ was working for the Washington Times for a while but Sun Myung Moon fired him. Apparently Moon was upset because Jesus couldn't do anything right the first time and Moon was tired of having to do it for him.

And for those who don't get the joke, here's an explanation:
    History of the Moonies (who own the Washington Times)
    At age 16 young Moon experienced a vision while in prayer on a Korean mountainside. Moon claims that Jesus Christ appeared to him in the vision admonishing him to carry out the task that Christ had failed to complete. Jesus supposedly told Moon that he was the only one who could do it. Finally, after much repeated asking by Jesus, Moon accepted the challenge.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Jesus: Will you pleeeeeease have your followers bug people on street corners?

Moon: Hmm...how much time do I have to think about it?

Draft saved Draft deleted