1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On this July 4 weekend, I am going to...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 3, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

--Surprise Boom with the new light-up golf balls I bought at the last Woot-Off
    --Make a couple vats of 21's Famous Fruit Vodka (recipe on request).
    --Avoid parades and fireworks, except those you can see from the privacy of home.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

... take the train to St. Louis tonight, go to the Cubs-Cards game Friday night, and relax Saturday, Sunday and Monday before taking the train back home. Go back to work Tuesday at 8 a.m.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Work.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

BBQ on Friday, bonfire on Saturday. Pretty lame weekend.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Work Friday. Work Saturday. Work Sunday.

Pretty effin exciting, eh?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Our paper has a nifty policy. We're a p.m., so this morning we put out Thursday's paper and this afternoon we're doing Friday's. Usually, this gives us the holiday off. Not this year, since it's on a Friday and that's the day we switch to the morning cycle. So...I'll sleep in Friday morning, then work until midnight.
    Lousy Gregorian calendar.
    I think it's only the second time in 10 years I've had to work on the fourth, though, so I can't complain too much.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Work Friday, followed by baseball and beer, hopefully.

Be lazy Saturday. Perform in a play that night.

Sunday, an afternoon massage appointment. Drive to North Cowshitistan that evening on work-related trip.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Phoning all my American customers in the morning, asking them to get back to me before noon. :)

Have a fabulous extra-long Fourth of July weekend for those of you who don't have to work.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's outstanding :D

10. John

John Well-Known Member

One of our ASEs is hosting a cookout at his family's farm just outside town, so I'll have a few dogs and a few beers.

And slappy, I'll probably be heading your way one day next week. I'll let you know when.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

let me know when

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Work, work, work.

I have Monday off. Maybe I'll go watch a shitty minor league baseball game and pretend it's a holiday.

Draft saved Draft deleted