1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ON THE ROAD

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2005.

1. How about Tuscaloosa? Anything I have to see, eat, or do? (enter jokes here)

2. Dreamland BBQ is a must.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I know this thread doesn't get much action, but I figured I'd post anyway.

I'm going to be in Little Rock tomorrow and Saturday and I have no idea if there's anything I need to see, do or eat while I'm there.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

in tuscaloosa, dreamland is good, but archibald's is better

5. Simon

Simon Active Member

Looking for a good breakfast spot around Oklahoma City Saturday and good lunch food around Norman on Saturday. Plus good bar recommendations are a plus.

6. fl2010

fl2010 New Member

I'm heading to Lincoln, NE next weekend. Won't be there for long, but any can't-miss restaurants? Not sure the next time I'll make it out there ;)

Sorry if this is a double post, I tried searching, and started scanning, but this thing's so long. I wish you could search a specific thread.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Really random specific question for those in the heart of ACC country ... any worthwhile Thai joints in or around Raleigh?

8. May be too late, but Shaba Shabu in Raleigh is pretty good.
    http://www.shabashabu.net/

9. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Driving down to Georgia, planning on stopping in Omaha, St. Louis and Nashville (I think).
    Suggestions?

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Near St, Louis...
    Super Smokers BBQ...you'll thank me later.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hope I'm not too late.

Great restaurants on the Hill in St. Louis. We enjoyed one called Bastante's.

The honky tonk district in Nashville is nice, if you're staying downtown.

Not sure where in Georgia you're going, but if you drive down 65, stop in Decatur, Ala., at Big Bob Gibson's Barbecue.

12. Going to be in Mobile, AL for a week. Any thoughts on dinner spots?

Draft saved Draft deleted