1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"On The Mark" Rises From The Ashes!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The columnist that Luppy had dumped from the Daily News is back with Fox Sport- Mark kriegel.

His weekly column - "On the Mark" is also back-- funny and biting as it always was. Also the reason why luppy wanted Kriegel dumped. On the Mark was actually funny and it made Shooting from the Lip look lame.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6811276

2. Damn, Boom. Best news you've ever posted.

3. Boom_70

Fenian - something we can agree on. I sorely missed "On The Mark" for past 5 years. I could not believe my eyes when reading the Fox story on Billy Donavan I see a picture of Kriegel.

Found this gem:

Los Angeles is a strange place for a New Yorker. I've seen things almost too horrible to recount. Grown men on skateboards. People wearing sunglasses while eating in diners. Armies of women with yoga mats laying siege to the city of Santa Monica.

I'm telling you, it's rough out here.

I can't even find a pair of Starbury's

4. spartacus

spartacus Member

Great news, Boom.

Thanks for the tip. Kriegel was always funnier than Loopey.

5. Boom_70

Kriegel has not lost his touch in his 5 year column hiatus.

Found this gem on A-Rod:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6868094

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I like Kriegel a lot too. Good stuff... But my first thoughts were:

Boom has a mancrush! Boom has a mancrush!

or... thanks for stopping by Mark!...

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Apparently they brought in some new management/editorial guys there to crank things up....glad to see Kriegel on a national platform.

8. Boom_70

It's more of a crush on words - words strung together well that make me think and make me laugh.

5 years ago when the News dumped him, Kriegel was the best sports columnist in NY. It will be interesting to see what rest of country thinks now that he will be national.

9. This board sucks . . . but Kriegel doesn't.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This is just outstanding, even if Chucky will disagree with Kriegel's point vis-a-vis Kobe: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6883282

11. Boom_70

This is quality stuff right here:

"Trade me. I want to be a Laker. Trade me. I want to be a Laker. Trade me. I want to be a Laker for life.

Lindsay Lohan, recently arrested on suspicion of drunk driving, made more sense when she cracked up her convertible on Sunset."

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Damn, that dude can write.

Wish my paper had a columnist that good.

Draft saved Draft deleted