1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On second thought . . .maybe Favre wants to HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Repeat after me:

Brett Favre ...
    will never ...
    play NFL football ...
    a-fucking-gain!!!

Oh, and Bus Cook is a tool.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

More actually Favre. Actually from Favre:
    http://www.sunherald.com/newsupdates/story/475495.html

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

"But I don't want to do it if I'm not in shape. It would be hard to go up there at 38. It was hard to stay in shape. I say that, I worked out and I worked out hard. Week in and week out, I was just drained."

So the Bowflex ad he did was a one year and done?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Was it John Havlicek who announced his retirement on the bus to the arena?

Somebody in the back of the bus said "Then get the fuck off the bus."

Man, these retirement/not retirement stories are so fucking ponderous. Just retire and SHUT THE FUCK UP!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

So one week Favre is like no way and then the next he says he'll come back if the Packers need him?

Attention whore diva. No doubt at all that he came back to break all the records, then left in a huff b/c the Pack wouldn't sign Randy Moss.

6. I don't agree with any of your three contentions, not even close.
    Favre's biggest fault might be that the words "No comment" are not in his vocabulary. Do you honestly think Favre is ringing Al Jones' phone, saying "Boy, I'd love to talk more about my retirement this week!"?

The records and Moss thing are ridiculous assertions that I'm not going to waste my time addressing. And just because I know you're thinking it, you can spare the "Wisconsin fanboi" accusation, because it's not the case.

7. Never crossed my mind ...

8. Don't lie to me! I know all!

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I remember telling some of my Wisconsin family (read: pathetic Packer looser fanbois and girls) that I'll believe Favre is retired when I see it.

Meaning he is not on the field in green and gold when the Packer and Vikings face each other on the Monday Night opener.

10. Me neither ...

11. What did I just say?

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

As a Vikings fan, I never thought I'd say this ... I hope Aaron Rodgers stays healthy for 16 games.

Draft saved Draft deleted