1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On my own volition ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cougargirl, Jul 21, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Socks. On the day of the wedding.

I have never worked in an environment where I had to wear black socks, so I own none. I had to run up to the variety store in my town and buy a pair.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I had to buy socks and an under-shirt for doc and have it delivered via his groomsmen.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

chaz, one love and all that, but this might be at once the most random and unsettling anecdote I've ever come across.

Whatever does the trick, though. Do you keep little infographics around the house in case of spats?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds like mine. The thing had actually started (the first pair of groomsman and bridesmaid were most of the way down the aisle) and we didn't even realize it.

No weird purchases, though. Spent most of the wedding day recovering. The only night we could do the bachelor party was the night before, and since it was a 7 p.m. wedding, I had time to sleep most of the day away and recover. Didn't get up until nearly 3. :)

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Had a 4:30 wedding. I got up at like 8 to start doing stuff. I bought breakfast for the guys which I also sent through a groomsman. I made a last Wal-Mart run. I finished up our attendent gifts. Then I went to get my hair done and the rest of the day was pretty rushed.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So did you not rent a tux? Because I thought those always come with those thin black socks that you can keep and are good for about three wears. I love those socks.

And cougs, when's your wedding? Because if you bought 10 pounds worth of candy, I'm there. ;)

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit, for 10 pounds of candy, I'd drop what I was doing and hit that wedding too!

Rock on Cougs! I hope the future Mr. Cougar knows what a catch he landed!

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hell I'd wanna go just because the actual location is such a kickass place. I'm sure the people there are all great too. And 10 pounds of candy. Imagine that sugar rush!

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She was 15 at the time. Chris Hansen will be visiting shortly.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I paid to have a guy go as my date. But the thing is, he was really hot! And we fell in love without even knowing it...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted