1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On my own volition ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cougargirl, Jul 21, 2007.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

... I just bought 10 pounds of Lindt candies.

You may ask "Why?" Was it a childhood dream fulfilled? I mean, 20 years ago it would have been awesome to buy 10 pounds of candy, but I walked into the store to buy candy for our wedding reception with a sense of dread.

Yet as I was scooping candy out of these huge bins, the smell of gourmet chocolate filtered into the air and something overtook me.

"Dammit," I thought, "this is really fun!"

Never again in my life will I be able to lug 10 pounds of candy back to our house. But the future Mr. Cougs was very, very happy with the bounty.

Now here's a question - what's the wackiest (G-rated) purchase you've made for a wedding?

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

A Dwight K. Schrute bobblehead for Doc as his groom's gift.

3. blueview

blueview Member

An interesting read on the fiscal approach to weddings ...

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/moneyhappy/39681

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

20 dollars worth of Jelly Bellies. 5 bags of Smarties (big size)

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I bough Lindt chocolates too!

Coog, check your PMs for my weirdest buy.

The weirdest thing was posting on this site about 90 minutes before the ceremony. It sounds nuts, but it really calmed me down.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I didn't even realize how close to the wedding we were. I had no time to get nervous. All of the sudden, I looked at the clock and it was fifteen minutes to the ceremony.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Isn't it, "of my own volition"?

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

I was nervous with about 4 hours until the ceremony. So I left the church, drove to a store and bought the FRI/SAT/SUN issue of USA Today. Reading the sports section calmed me down and everything went off with a hitch. Pun intended.

9. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I wasn't too nervous at the wedding.

The divorce...

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

With all the photos the photographer was taking before the ceremony, then a kablat panim (greeting of guests) during which the Mrs. & I signed the ketuba, the nerves about the wedding didn't hit me until right before I had to walk down the aisle to the chupa.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I didn't know you were getting married! Congrats, coogs! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted