1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On another day, c'mon, c'mon... ('Rescue Me' thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

A week until the season premiere, and our TV guy just dropped off his preview DVD with the first three episodes on it. I'm on this tonite like Dennis Kucinich on a model's leg.
    So, when we left, Tommy was in a burning house with psycho Sheila outside; and the chief was damn near dead, stroking out after screwing the illegal alien nurse. Okay, remind me -- what the hell else was going on?

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Only other big thing I can remember was Garrity marrying Tommy's psycho sister.

I don't recall what Franco and Ken were up to.

3. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Tommy's brother is killed.
    Franco's daughter is apparently being raised by Susan Sarandon's chararter. Franco also failed the Lt. exam
    Lou was going to live on a boat in Florida, but backed out.
    Probie digs dudes.
    I can't remember, did Teddy get out of jail yet?

I remember hearing a Leary interview before last season and him saying that Season 4 was the final season. Anyone heard anything about this?

4. Killick

Hadn't heard that, but wouldn't be surprised. Just how much shit can they put Tommy thru? Going much beyond this season would start to really stretch credibility.
    Ah, Lou.
    Must. Hear. Lou. Wiseass. Remark.
    Now.

5. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Teddy was not out of jail, but I believe he had talked to his lawyer about working on it after his conjugal visits were not all they were cracked up to be.

One of the best shows on television.

6. Killick

OK. So, watched the first ep last night. Weird. Some spoilers that have been out there (not saying which, of course) were wrong. I went through the entire ep thinking I knew something, got a little surprise at the end. Had to rewind and watch the last five minutes again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Oh, and Jennifer Esposito is ho-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-t. Thought so back when she was on 'Spin City' and it's still true.

7. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

The women on this show are just incredible looking. Tommy's wife, Sheila, Lou's girlfriend that took all his money and split, Marisa Tomei was on there for a bit. Now Jennifer Esposito? Yowch. Should make for a hell of a season.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I didn't think the show started until June 13?

9. Killick

First item in the thread. Our TV guy got a DVD with the first three eps on it for review. I borrowed.

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Is it OK to admit I squealed when I saw this the Leary kickers for this season and when I saw this thread? ha! I do not watch that much TV (as it has been stated before, I'm the one who's never seen an ep of 24, Grey's, Wire, etc, blah, blah, blah)...

But, "Rescue Me" (and Nip/Tuck and L&O SVU) are my FAVORITES!!!!

I wonder if Tommy will stay sober? I miss the hip Jesus and Mary following him around. And I'll be anxious to see if they can top the fight scene - man that was a jaw-dropping episode.

11. Killick

I will say this: Garrity's got a new haircut, and it's a little weird.

12. Killick

Okay. Watched the first three eps of the season. First one? Eh. Great music, tho.

Second ep has an absolutely great conversation around the firehouse dinner table. One of the best ones they've ever done. Instant classic.

Third ep -- Pretty good with a "holy shit!" ending.

This, friends, is going to be a great season.

Draft saved Draft deleted