1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OMG! OMG! Chicago Tribune Notre Dame beat jockey faced Heisman conundrum!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Norrin Radd, Dec 10, 2012.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I know you're just trolling, as usual, but this is a pretty easy one to explain.

Sponsorship only matters to the entity(s) receiving the money.

If I'm working for a company whose major event is Presented by Cointelpro, then it's my job to make sure that reference is prominently displayed on all official event literature/banners/promo material. Money talks.

But I shouldn't expect anyone else — the media, attendees, etc. — to care about Cointelpro or any other sponsors (unless you can give them a good reason to care; which, again, is part of my job.) They're not getting out of it.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

this.
    outstanding point.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Are NFL scouts even allowed to discuss underclassmen who have not declared for the draft?

4. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Evaluation of underclassmen is an ongoing thing. They don't just start looking at a kid after he declares, so yes, they can "discuss" them. They can't talk to the kids until after they declare and the college season is over.

5. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I would add ESPN pretty much ignoring hockey (including the Stanley Cup finals) after it lost it.

Draft saved Draft deleted