1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OMG, I'm Chuck Noland

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Feb 19, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's on my desktop computer. But the one I use most often is my cell phone. I hit the little light button probably 5 times an hour to see what time it is.

I don't wear watches because I hit them on things and they scratch. Most of the time, if I don't have my cell phone handy, I don't know what time it is. Can't tell you how many voice mails I've left saying "It's about ... well I don't know what time it is." because I'm on my cell.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I agree. Maybe you can tell me ... what was the deal with the whale? Didn't it splash water on passed-out Chuck just before the supercargo ship sails into view?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I feel like an uncultured dweeb for watching the movie but not paying attention to imagery, symbolism or hidden meanings.

Oops, and yes, I was being sarcastic.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. Never saw the movie.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, I used this particular reference because of the time element. Before the plane crashes, various timepieces, pagers, dateminders and the like are displayed to reinforce the notion that this is a guy who lives and dies by the clock. Then all that is removed, and he starts marking days off on a cave wall.

I also used the reference because Cast Away is truly one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'll watch it again and again.

6. And all this time I just thought it was a two-hour commercial for FedEx ...

Wait. I still do.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

The one thing that sticks with me is when he used the ice skate to knock his tooth out. That looked unbelievably painful.

Draft saved Draft deleted