1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OMG! I have an entire week off from work!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jun 2, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So for the first time in a LOOOONNNGGG time, I have an entire week off from work. Not to mention, but Little Man is going to school every day this week, so I have plenty of ME time for the first time in a long while.

Man, what should I do with my time?

I have some plans and things I want/need to do. I want to go to a half-priced bookstore and exchange some of these old books I'll never read again. I also want to try and clean the closet in my office and clean the garage. Also, I plan to play some MLB The Show. But what else?

Any suggestions?

2. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

If you're a sportswriter, one thing that is completely different is to go to bed at a reasonable time and get up in time for McDonald's breakfast...

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fortunately, I'm no longer in the biz, at least not full time.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm off this week too. I DESPERATELY need to clean up my room...but that's just not that enticing now that the time is actually here.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I know. I worry I'm going to dilly dally around, have fun and relax, but not actually accomplish anything other than visiting the book store.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

which is good...that's what vacation is for!

I just do that every day, which is why my room might get me evicted if my roommate ever came in.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Drive to the Shoals and slap the SE in the back of the head. No reason needed.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And the problem with that is?? That's what down time is all about, down time.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've just started two weeks off ... fucking paradise!

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Try going to Wal-mart. Am told it can be theraputic...

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Revive your family thread?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You could stop by and mow my yard.

Draft saved Draft deleted