1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Omar Kelly on Antonio Brown

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bronco77, Sep 14, 2019.

1. sporty

sporty Member

I guess you didn't read the full Deadspin report before commenting?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I know what he was ordered to say. Before he was ordered to apologize, he had plenty of people "explaining" things to him, and the light bulb still didn't go off ("You're certainly welcome to your opinion, as I'm entitled to mine . . . " Etc.)

PaperClip529 likes this.
  3. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

I'm late to the party on this thread but just saw this post and wanted to respond to it.

Deadspin writers are bloggers, and most of them I would never call journalists. With very few exceptions, such as the breakdown of what's going on with Sports Illustrated and their overlords, Deadspin doesn't create news or investigate anything. Usually they're just responding to something that happened, make it all about themselves and insult anyone who has a differing opinion. Sometimes the blogger will even take on disagreements in the comment section, and not in a agree-to-disagree kind of way. It's not just Deadspin either. The majority of the Kinja content is like that. And every day there are more people who can't distinguish between hard news and someone's self-congratulatory opinions.

Draft saved Draft deleted