1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Omahasj.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I might be going to Omaha next weekend. Any suggestions for downtown dining?

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Upstream Brew Pub, in the Old Market section of town. A CWS favorite.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Malara's — 22nd and Pierce (Italian place, little out of the way, but well worth it)

Sushi Ichiban — 8035 W Dodge Rd

Those are the places I make a point to visit. Otherwise, you could look here:
    http://www.omahatogo.com/

4. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

it's not downtown, but i recommend the Drover, an incredible steak house. went there twice during the CWS

5. John

John Well-Known Member

You might search for the last CWS thread. I'm sure there 's some good stuff on there.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That's a quality suggestion I hadn't considered, but Troop might have scored with the sushi option. Of course, I feel a bit odd not hitting a steakhouse.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Midwestern sushi ... you know you want it. :D The only other joint I'd recommend is Hiro Sushi, but that's all the way out at 130th and Dodge.

If you positively must hit a steakhouse, try Caniglia's Original Restaurant at 1114 South 7th St or one of two spots in Little Italy — Cascio's (1620 S. 10th) or Angie's (1001 Pacific St.). If you hit Gorat's, you might bump into Warren Buffett.
    http://www.goratssteakhouse.com/

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Get a Greek Islands Greek cheese burger. I defy you to avoid having a heart attack.

9. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Downtown: M's Pub.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

A friend of mine went to Omaha with her sig. other and at there because it was Buffett's favorite place. She said it smells like old people and that's all who eats there. She was shocked.

Draft saved Draft deleted